How much does a Vinyl Wrap Cost?
There are 5 main factors to take into account when determining the cost of a wrap.
1. Square footage - Wraps are quoted at a per square foot rate.
2. Complication of install - Although some installations may use less material, the time and labor needed to complete the install can vary.
for example: wrapping a wall or trailer has less curves, contours and compound surfaces than a car bumper or hood.
3. Type of Material - Some materials are cheaper than others, but you get what you pay for. The lifespan of the wrap or conformability may be significantly different than a High Performance Material and therefore may not keep its adhesion if stretched or stressed, and could also cost significantly more to install and/or remove because of the amount of labor involved.
4. Design - Be sure to account for the cost of design if wanting a Commercial Graphic Wrap or adding graphics or effects to a Custom Color Change Wrap and would like to see a render or proof before completion of the project.
5. Preparation - The vehicle or surface needs to be free of dirt, wax and other contaminates before applying a wrap. In many cases trailers, box trucks and other commercial vehicles the paint can be oxidized and must be restored to a smooth surface before installation.
Will Vinyl Wrapping my vehicle hurt the paint job?
No. In fact, a wrap offers an additional layer of protection from regular road wear, pollution and UV damage. Not only does it protect your paint but it preserves it. The paint job will look exactly like it did the day it was wrapped.
This is not the case when wrapping all surfaces. Some paint on walls may detach when a wall wrap is removed.
How long will the Vinyl Wrap last?
Most manufacturers boast outdoor life of 3-5 years with the ability to remove the wrap as spec'd. It is usually wise to remove and replace your wrap every 3 - 4 years.
There are some variables to consider - UV Damage will cause fading and failure to the life span of the wrap. If the wrap is outdoors with no protection from the sun it will deteriorate much quicker than the suggested life span. We suggest keeping your wrap in the shade or under cover from the sun if at all possible to maximize the life of the wrap.
How do I care for my Vinyl Wrap?
The Sun's UV Rays are the most damaging to a wrap. Keep it in the shade if at all possible when not using your vehicle.
Keep the wrap clean and free of pollutants. Rain+City Pollution+UV Rays create an acidic value which shortens the life span of any wrap or paint job.
Use regular soap and water to wash your wrap just as you did with your vehicle before.
Avoid using wax on satin and matte finishes, though it is ok to use on a gloss finish.
There are also a number of Wrap Care products available on the market specific to the different types of wrap material.
How long will it take to Vinyl Wrap my vehicle?
Most wraps take between 2-5 days depending on the complexity of the wrap and the square footage of the project.
Raleigh, NC 27616